Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Gilbert Arenas Claims He Earned the Worst Contract of All Time



Bog - Gilbert Arenas was recently asked by TMZ whether his contract was the worst in NBA history. His response surely has Wizards executives choking on their Frosted Mini-Wheats.

“What I did to get the contract was different than what I’ve done since I got the contract,” Arenas said, accurately. “I got hurt before I got the contract and I still got rewarded. So it’s not like I tricked somebody. They knew I was hurt. I didn’t play that year; I played like [13] games the year before my contract and I got the contract anyway, because of what I DID. You get paid on what you did, not what you’re GONNA do. That’s what people don’t understand. You get paid on what you did.”

Would it be so crazy that Gilbert Arenas isn’t the fucking idiot everyone thinks he is? What’s fair is fair – Gilbert did work his fucking ass off to go from being passed over in the ’01 draft in favor of studs like Trenton Hassell, Joseph Forte, and Kirk Haston to legitimately being one of the top players in the league. The sad thing about Arenas’s career is that all everyone is going to remember is bringing guns into the locker room and signing the worst contract in NBA history.
Gilbert’s fucking right though, it’s not his fault Washington gave him a max deal with a shitty knee. But, when it comes down to it, who really gives a fuck if the Wizards paid him too much? The salary’s off the books and nobody goes to the games, so if ticket prices went up, who the fuck would notice? And, honestly, who would you rather have the cash? A guy who entertained the shit out of us for 3+ years or fucking Zach Leonsis so he can impress the money grubbing whores at George by how much he stands to inherit?  

 
Sure Agent Zero’s mentality is exactly why you should never pay someone who overperforms in a contract year, but those years Gilbert dominated were (sadly) the Wizards’ highlight of the past quarter century. If Arenas is still dropping 30 a game when he lays that iron out in front of Javaris Crittenden, do the Wizards even make a big deal about it? Fuck no. Sure he took a dump in Andray Blatche’s shoe, but who the fuck doesn’t want to do that right now? Will he eventually go broke? Most fucking definitely. Remember Gilbert however you want, but the truth is Agent Zero was RG3 before there was an RG3.

No comments:

Post a Comment